Monday, January 30, 2006

it's important to have goals.

someone once asked the buddha: how do we escape the heat of a summer's day?
the buddha replied: why not leap into a blazing furnace?

puzzle that one out in your spare time.

today i had my first criminal law tutoring session of this, my last semester. annalisa (ahhhhna, that's very important, she said) told me it was very helpful, and shane (that's a good irish name, i said, like my nanny and my mother before me would've, and that thought came and went like a flash, didn't it?) raised a fist with a mighty yessssssss when i answered the question and said yes, every week, mondays, five to six i'll be here and thinking about my dinner the whole time, and a month month month before what i hope hope hope is an offer.

an offer. isn't that a bad word? i didn't like it when i first heard it, and i don't like it now, but i still want it all the same. as long as it takes as full of time. i'd like the offer because i'd like all this to happen, like i see it happening, moving real quick like and rushing to find some place, and the studying like mad for the bar in a state i've only been to a few times and see when i close my eyes for a minute as the place i'd like to walk the lake around and the cold i'd like to complain about and the summer i'd like to walk and sweat in.

so i'll take the offer. after you, offer, it will be off to somewhere else i won't name at the moment. let's wait until we get there, yes?okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home