Friday, January 27, 2006

moze art

dude. it's mozart's birthday today! 250 years old, and still celebrated. now that is what being a rockstar is all about. when i was a kid i used to go to the library almost every day (your nerd alarms should be flashing), and one of my favorite books was this biography about mozart. he went everywhere and did an almost impossible amount of things and met with kings and dukes and emperors and queens, and danced with marie antoinette, even! everyone wanted to hear him play or compose for them. he had brothers and sisters too. i wish i could find that book. i still remember what the cover looks like.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Merlin said...

Sorry to supplant you. I have no credentials, at least not when it comes to blogging. This is my first jaunt into the medium, so I defer to the rest of you veterans. :)

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, like a post celebrating Mozart's 250th birthday didn't set my nerd alarm off immediately. Commenting that your favorite childhood place was the library did send the nerd alert level from yellow to orange, though. Now the only question is, did you A) Hear that it was Mozart's birthday on NPR or B) Remember that it was Mozart's birthday on your own?

Bonus points if you remembered before today and made yourself a special mp3 playlist for the occasion.

I feel like our friends have a special contest/capacity to "out-nerd" each other. I thought it would be funny to comment on that aspect, but I'm honestly glad that you're excited about Mozart's birthday. It is actually pretty cool to think about him being celebrated 250-years later. And that nerdy/charming excitement is in short supply. So I take it all back, even though I haven't submitted it yet. Now I will.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

i like that we have that capacity/contest to out-nerd each other. especially katie, who, i think we can all agree, is a nerd. it's a friendly way to challenge each other to be better, in ways.

now i want the chicken, you rat.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

possibly maybe is a sexy tune.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home