Monday, January 23, 2006

here's where we are

robert, thank you for reminding me about the revolution. i almost forgot.

today is a nice day outside, but i am facing a problem in the form of wanting to read, and it's too cold to sit outside. so....open the window and read in bed? not a bad solution. this is what happens when i have two classes and it's just too early to study for the bar yet. soon it will be. that's good to remember.

supposedly, the first week of february will come great rejoicing or terrible disappointment. either one. keep your fingers crossed and your prayers prayed, and maybe i'll have a job very soon.

the west wing has been cancelled. nbc is in trouble. only two shows on right now with any interest in them: law and order (did i even need to say that?) and something called "las vegas." which.....doesn't that star rob lowe, or something? maybe i'm thinking about something else. anyway, another show that receives great critical acclaim but terrible ratings. deal or no deal, on the other hand, well. you haven't lived until you've seen a minister screaming "no deal! no deal!" at his niece on national television while bobby of "bobby's world" looks on approvingly. like the whole thing was a stageplay of matthew 6:24, except i didn't really want to buy tickets to that show, i thought i was going to see "wicked." or something.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Dude, Las Vegas stars James Caan, and a guy who could be seen as Rob Lowe but isn't. NBC does have some good stuff going for it, like My Name is Earl (it's actually really good) and Medium (is that on NBC? My family watches every week). Other than that and I can't say. It seems like the best shows are spread across the networks.

Deal or No Deal. mmmm, sweet goodness of irritation. There's no other time when I can so easily call someone stupid (unless I'm in my car).

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like Medium. And I've lost track of the number of times Chris has called me stupid while we're in his car.

The West Wing has been bad since Aaron Sorkin left (2 seasons ago). I'm not sorry that it was cancelled. I can't imagine what they'd have done with the new presidency. I do miss the characters, but more how they used to be rather than as they are now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home