Friday, January 27, 2006

possibly maybe

so i think i have a cavity. a cavity that needs to be searched, if you get my meaning.

and i think you do.

good news! i think! cook county called me yesterday morning to say that if there was still interest on my part to work for them, they would like me to come in for a "final interview" at the end of the month. februrary twenty-seventh at noon. what does final interview mean? does that mean an offer at the end? does that mean they don't know about me, so they're on the fence? i feel so much more pressure this time than in november. but i think: they wouldn't ask me to fly out there again if they just wanted to reject me, would they? this is the second time now. right? right. or maybe not?

i'm trying not to think about it too much.

and anyway, i have an auction to go to soon. the fabled "pee-la" auction, that is. i have been told i will be served wild salmon and spaghetti squash. and wine and beer. and some "hot fried ass." or something. i'm looking forward to all of it.

the weird thing about having only two classes is that things are stressful, but just take longer.

i should mention here that i'm not complaining about the final interview with cook county. i'm honored. i'm excited, even. i'm just nervous as all get out and anxious! anxious! i thought i would find out-find out, you know? not another interview! what if i throw up on them? what if i release the beast? yee!

the redesign of the nintendo ds came out and the good news is that it looks awesome. the bad news is also that it looks awesome.

i have to put the milk away now.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're coming to the auction. First, I thought I'd be the only one there (Renea hates public service law). Now it will be a party. I do think that the chicken will be much better than the salmon, however. I just don't want you to be disappointed. And you're not getting any of my chicken.

Congrats on your final interview. That is very exciting and good news.

Finally: I had forgotten about your DS, because although we spoke of it often, I think I've only glimpsed it in real life. I didn't mean to taunt you about it. When the new one comes out, if it's actually nice to use, you should get it. I'm sure you can ebay your old one and end up spending less than $50 to upgrade. So that's an option. In fact, I'm somehow more tempted to buy a DS now than I was before I knew the redesign was coming out. Go figure.

The redesign is still going to hurt my hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home