Tuesday, November 15, 2005

something more, something halfways

this friday at 11:20 in the morning, i will have an interview at the cook county prosecutors office in chicago, on the thirty-second floor of their building, located at 69 West Washington. i'm flying in to chicago on thursday in the early evening, spending the night there, and then after the interview i'm going to fly right back to good old ohio. quick quick. i realized today i've been thinking about this interview all wrong: as if the sun rose and fell on this office and i on this job, and really that's not the truth at all. i rise and fall on the son, though not he on me, of course. he is risen all the time. rising even for me.

my professor told me just to be myself, because i have to fit with the office. it's like dating, she said. think of it like dating. you don't want to go out on other dates with somebody you don't like, yes? yes, i said. well, she said. there you go. then she hugged me and left.

say it with me now: awwww.

i do have to throw down the cards i'm holding that are marked "bloodshot eyes" and "absolutely exhausted," just because i don't want to keep everything back. i don't think i've ever been so tired as i have been these days. i'm very much, verrrrry much looking forward to my winter break. more than you know. more, probably, than i know. after my exams are over i have a bunch of trials all in a row the next week, but then i'm taking a shit-ton of time off. a shit-ton.

please pray or think good thoughts or both for me for my interview. i'm almost done with my last wills class. allllllllllllmost. and then i'll only have about four classes for the semester. on tuesday, after all, i am gone to the addled sea for a week to see some of the northwest dwellers. they haven't even seen my new funky fresh hair yet!

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey, I hope things go super well at your interview and I think being yourself will do just fine. Have fun on your very quick trip to C-town and get the heck over here to Seattle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home