Thursday, October 27, 2005

or forever hold your piece!

dear chris.

this is a nice idea, and i am also frustrated by it. i did not read my bible yesterday, or today. i didn't read anything by henri nouwen, nor did i read anything from provocations. today isn't over yet.

i did pray this morning, for a girl at the law school who got into a horrible car accident in august. she came home from the hospital today. her husband is dead and her son is alive.

soon i'm going to get into the shower and pray some more. then i will undoubtedly stop praying until i get home tonight, from school and work.

i am losing hope for our community, in little bits, week after week after week. it feels like a lie i tell myself.

9 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Catherine-

that is a good thing to pray about. Do not be discouraged. This is the beginning. It doesn't have to be the middle.

this community might feel like a lie, true, but how do you make a lie a truth? you get enough people to believe the lie and it becomes truth. As dear old Margaret Mead told people: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat, I feel the same way.

Also, thanks for the encouragement Chris.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

hey chris. let's talk about this on sunday, if that's cool.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's "hold your peace" (not "piece")...
Sorry about the cockroach. I hope you're having a good day. Cheer up. I played Halo online yesterday while waiting for my printer to arrive. The four-team games are really fun. I like that it chooses 3 plots a lot. The bad part is that people seem to quit the 3-plots game (I played it twice, and people on my team quit both times). It will be more fun to play all on one team, us 3.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

hi bob. thanks for being encouraging. the pest man ("we live to kill," he said) told me i brought it home from this place downtown. i got it on the piece/peace issue. thanks. multi-team really is better than team training, you're right. all on one team will be really nice, especially if we rent a bigger tv.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, we can do all on one team ONLINE with me in SEATTLE and you two in HUDSON! Right? I also started a clan with a name that I really like but which didn't quite fit in the clan name space on XBox.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Clan Jackal?

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

bob, what does your clan name mean?

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't fit the way I wanted it to. It's supposed to be Darmok at Tanagra. Chris knows what that means. It's from Star Trek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home