Friday, July 15, 2005

welcome to it.

greetings from the kitchen of one hundred thirty and one-half twenty-fifth avenue east. there are some gerber daisies to my right and a guitar-strumming katie meyer to my left. we are waiting. soon we will not be waiting any longer and will be drinking some decidedly delicious coffee. and then i will lament my zip code, for the fifty-three thousandth time. this morning. no no, i exaggerate, i mean, in the last twenty-four hours.

there are a lot of numbers in this entry, have you noticed? ever since i finished that number puzzle on the plane, in the biggest surprise of the century, my confidence in such things has been semi-restored. restored? that's the wrong word. considering i don't even like seeing numbers as they are and much prefer to use the words that belong to them, there is no restoration that needs doing.

the addle by the sea is filled with things that are almost too much and too real, and so nice and a little sad, and relief relief relief. of course. i am trying to remember all the things i want to, and so far okay? also imagine the cigarettes i have not smoked, the beer i have not drunk, and the fun i have not had. when you imagine it, you will be left with nothing at all. maybe that will change, just like that, but something tells me that has become impossible.

embrace all this real feeling! with both eyes open but unafraid(?) to be closed, and two open palms for once. done and done.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the hell are you? In Seattle?

Have you heard Dark Side of the Moon... oh my I can't stop listening to it.

We're coming to KT's big party that Ralphy-baby emailed us about. sshhh tell everyone.

What else is new?
ps. I'm looking for Jessica Meyer's email.
pps. Does Scott Meyer have a blog? I imagine it would be rather interesting.
ppss. Also, here is one thing I want you to do while you're in Washington (Seattle). I want you to lobby that stubbornly tyrannical government of Kathryn Beth Meyer and convince her to put a comment section on her so-called diaryland.
pppss. talking point #2: convince her of the virtues of blogspot. everyone's doing. and their mother.
pppsss. why has this turned into a post on 4/5 of the Meyer clan?
ppppsss. I've nominated you my personal ambassador to the government of Meyertopia. It's going to be a tough confirmation fight. That goon Santorum and his cronies are going to ask you some difficult questions but I want you to stay the course. The people depend on you.
ppppssss. I saw a photo of Carol Meyer with her new haircut. It's tres-cool. Ok this has turned into a post on 5/5 or 1 whole of the Meyer-clan. Get to work Ambassador Cat!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To my respected colleague: I hope you know that I read these comments and that trying to convince my dear friend Catherine to use her powers of persuasion regarding blogspot and comment sections is bold indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home